Ultimate Pool to Host Big-Money TV Doubles Event
The Ultimate Pool Group is excited to announce its latest major live televised tournament – a ‘doubles’ event consisting of a scotch doubles and singles format – that is set to start in September on Monday nights following the conclusion of the Apply Mortgages Ultimate Pool Masters.
The event is OPEN TO ALL and features a cool £20,000 additional prize fund. Action will take place across several weeks on FreeSports TV.
The entry fee per ‘doubles team’ is £200 and limited to 64 pairs.
Rules and Format
- Played to International 8-Ball Pool Rules
- Four doubles teams will feature in a round robin format each week
- Each match is limited to 20 minutes
- Matches are a race to four frames or whatever the score is when the 20 minutes expires
- For the first 15 minutes in a match there is a 30-second shot clock
For the final 5 minutes in a match there is a 15-second shot clock
Each team is allocated one 15-second extension per frame
- 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw
- The match format (single frames) is:
- The doubles team finishing top of the round robin group at the end of an evening’s play will advance to the last 16 of the tournament (this will be on a later date)
- Should teams be tied at the top of the table after all matches are completed, a Blackball Shootout will be required to determine a winner
(The Ultimate Pool Group has the right to amend these rules and formats)